Friday, June 23, 2006

the streak

The streak ended today—I threw up for the first time in 21 years. And let me tell you, it's a terrifying experience after that long of a cold spell.

I think I got food poisoning from the turkey sandwich I bought at White Hen Pantry last night. (You try to save a little money, and look what happens.) I felt light-headed twice last night during the show I was performing in, but I didn't think much of it. Then after the show I had a few stomach cramps, but no big deal. Then, planning to sleep about 11 hours since Thursday is my day off from work during the week, I tossed and turned throughout the night and woke up after only six hours feeling achey and slightly nauseous. Then I went back to bed for almost four more hours and woke up feeling very very very nauseous, but luckily it went away. Then I took a shower, and as soon as I got out ... uh-oh.

Vomiting while naked and sweaty in a steamy bathroom really isn't the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment