Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm extremely loud around people I'm incredibly close with.

The Oscar nominations were announced this morning. Congratulations to all the inevitable losers!

Yes, being nominated for an award is nice (I mean, I guess it is—nominate me for one and I'll confirm my hypothesis for you), but winning an award is better. Here's the third-place winner of Oak Park Public Library's 24-hour filmmaking competition for teenagers, a project I spearheaded last fall during an internship.

JUMP.
(Created by Keenan Benshop, Scott Daniel, and Jonah Lazarus.)



The rules for the competition were as follows: (1) films had to be scripted, shot, and edited in 24 hours; (2) completed films could not exceed four minutes in length; (3) using Maurice Sendak's Where the Wild Things Are as inspiration, participants were required to incorporate the theme of "impulse," demonstrate the action of "leading," and use water as a prop in their narratives. Below is the entry that came in second.

THE PRICE
(Created by Emma LaSaine and Kendra Murphy.)



And here's the film that took home the figurative gold! (Winners received gift certificates to Oak Park's Lake Theatre cinema.)

ROSIE THE HEAD
(Created by Mary Alexander, Felipe Bascuñán, and Christian Kuta-Dankwa.)

No comments:

Post a Comment